Thursday 5 July 2012

Earth's Lament

The sky cries for me when I have not the heart, 
and the wind weeps gently in mournful lament. 
The Earth provides comfort and solace until
she splits, with a roar; her energy spent. 

The animals, alive, feel my interior burning, 
the foxes bark sounds more of a shriek. 
Two cats outside fighting; hissing and howling
say more than my hollow words ever speak. 

The oceans grow turbulent, restless and rolling
as inside my sad soul struggles along. 
The storm clouds collide in a grey mesh of thunder
to serenade struggle with their booming song. 
 
The universe plays the notes of my emotions
plucking each one like angelic harp strings.  
A melancholic sound, a marching dirge
to the cremation of the conscience. Oh how it stings.

No comments:

Post a Comment