Thursday 5 July 2012

Incarnation

Solemnly the spirit whisped through bitter air
of secrets kept and tears wept. 
Strength - he thought. Strength. 
I must do this alone. 

Head hung and huffing, the spirit ploughed forward. 
“May I help?” cried a voice. 
No! - replied the spirit. 
Strength. I must do this alone. 

Strength - The spirit continued, wandering the wilderness. 
Obstacles littered his path - A ghostly dance. 
Until, deathly weak, his step faltered. 
Weakness - a fall. 

I am but weakness and I am but failure. Fallen on this journey
and all fight gone and 
Buried like my sorry, dead bones. 
Weakness am I. 

“Here,” cried a voice, and an offering of kindly hand. 
“Let me help you up.” 
and so did the spirit’s arm
become flesh. 

“What are you doing out here all alone? ‘Tis folly!” 
Strength - replied the spirit. 
I am nothing 
If I cannot make it alone. 

The spirit ran - alone again. His arm now dead weight. 
A slip and stumble - Weakness. 
I am nothing - he thought. 
I am nothing. 

The hand reached out again. “I’ll walk these woods with you
picking you up every step if needs be.” 
But strength - replied the spirit. 
I need be alone. 

Mile after mile, fall after fall, the spirit, crying, bleeding. 
“I need you!” said the spirit to the helping hand. 
Strength - Strength in unity. 
“I need you!” 
And thus became the spirit human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment