Thursday 5 July 2012

Intentionally Left Blank


I’m living the dream, 
opportunity lays itself before my feet 
in the guise of stacks of dead pulped trees, 
all needing my blood. 
Stick a piece of my past on them, 
cross the Ts with a fountain pen of bygone miseries. 
Not one shred of decency, 
everyone wants a piece of me. 

Staves of five lined paragraphs sing 
sorry, bland, bureaucratic music. 
Ticks and crosses come like percussive beats. 
Punctuating the sorry melody with 
needless pigeonhole drums
and contrary statements. 
This human has been intentionally left blank. 

The truth of life, 
grown deep rooted, 
and cut down, 
and turned into medical evidence, 
Supporting statements, 
and certification. 
Words given price-tags at cost per word -
not the cost of suffering to make them 
or the value of the message conveyed. 

Fascist Facsimile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment