Thursday 5 July 2012

Life Through a Screen

Hanging around with my processed, plastic friends, 
having fun. Seeing their liquid crystal eyes light up, 
backlit, burning bright. 
Communication through rhythmic finger taps 
on plastic painted keys. 

I no longer need to nod my head in signs of affirmation. 
I merely click “Likes This” instead, oh wondrous wonders. 
My friends know my business
through globally transmitted updated statuses
and comments. 

A human touch replaced with an online ‘poke’ 
or typed out as *hugs* on some soulless display. 
I want your gentle arms, 
clasping around me, securing me, in safety. 
Not some Times New Roman text. 

My voice is shy, yet my ears are all too willing 
and I want to hear your melodic songs of speech. 
I like the open, the air,
the world surrounding me, as your arms before. 
Not some life through a screen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment