Thursday 5 July 2012

Man Delights Not Me

What sorry death became my heart 
that I can no more find the tears? 
Wherefore is that spring of sadness, 
lost, and buried over years? 
What world is this that dried it up, 
and left me with emotional blindness?
What greedy cub sucked dry the teat 
of all the milk of human kindness? 
What once was sweet, now bitter tastes
and bitter, likewise, tastes so sweet. 
What once would lead to victorious celebration
now feels like sombre, dank defeat. 

What changes rend this fragile child?
What darkness infested an innocent boy?
When did I cease to play with emotion
and let logic be my evil toy?
Why see I a human form 
and instantly despise?
What crippled, soulless lens replaced
my once passionate and twinkling eyes? 
What demonic, soulless greed
did take my naive heart in grope
and twisted me into a bitter, 
cynical, young misanthrope? 
Why does misery extract my hope
like a cloaked oppressive reaver?
Man delights not me, 
nor woman neither.  

No comments:

Post a Comment