Thursday 5 July 2012

The Shadow

I am a shadow. Ever present, 
Humanoid in form and shape, 
extant only when there is no light, 
yet I have no soul. 
I have no voice to speak  
yet I am louder than you. 
You can try and shake my hand
but yours shall pass through mine. 
I have no time for petty shows of respect. 
I mirror your thoughts, your actions, 
so that when negativity occurs, 
you blame yourself. 
While you stand in the hot glare
of the bright lights, 
I am behind you, shaded, shielded. 
You work hard, and I mimic you
but I do nothing. I need do nothing. 
You will do it for me.  
You will do everything I want you to. 
I am your shadow. 
I am attached. 
You cannot get rid of me. 

Ah! But I can.
You are my shadow, 
and to purge myself of you
I need only surround myself
in light. From all angles. 
Enlightenment will slay 
the shadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment