Thursday 5 July 2012

On The Contrary

With spongy ears wide open I absorb your inanity. 
Each droplet of your mediocrity merely feeding my insanity. 
Yet, still I listen carefully,  it is the path I choose to walk. 
I say, “I am always here if you ever need to talk.” 
Words said with sincerity but also deep regret, 
because while I’m always there for you, It’s I who you forget. 
Is it selfish of me, once in a while, to need a willing ear?
But we’re all human beings, if not for each other, why are we here?
It is not like I am needy or crave undeserved attention 
it is merely nice once in a while to get a fucking mention. 
It’s simply good to know your ‘friends’ can pick up on your tone
and recognise when you are feeling down, and lost - alone. 
And yet, you don’t…No, not if it could get you down. 
Better to let a man kill himself than share his troubled frown. 
There’s a reason I dislike this Earth and the folk who dwell upon it. 
There’s a reason for every negative, ire fueled, damning sonnet. 
These misanthropic odes come not from hate, but disappointed love. 
As you curse bullshit fates or pray in faith to Lords above. 
Stand up and take responsibility for your own selfish acts. 
You’re a horrid, sorry, loathsome creature, face the fucking facts! 
Misanthropes exist not out of bitterness and spite 
but out of human inhumanity and actions selfish, cold and trite. 
Each person is a sculpture humanity as a whole does carve, 
a murderer is born for every child that does starve. 
Those who, tearful, sorry, beg in desperate, primal need 
exist only as there are some who can’t control their greed. 
And is it any wonder that elicit drug use increases year on year, 
when war, and hate and division lead to suffering and fear. 
Do I have to say it once again? That man delight not me?
Aye, because you lap it up, with sadistic fucking glee. 
Embracing words of tortured souls, the misery and pain
absorbed by your own callous heart -You feel alive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment